Monday, November 26, 2012

Back after 10 days away

I'm playing catch-up, of course.  Apparently checking my e-mail once a day while I'm not working but ignoring most of the messages doesn't really help much.

I finally booked my travel for ALA Midwinter.  Cyber Monday didn't help much on that front, but I suspect prices will go up substantially tomorrow, so it's better than waiting any longer.

I have several thousand dollars to spend on collection development.  Psychology is always easy.  The rest tend to be tougher.

I'm working 3 days this week, and then I'm off until December 13th.  That'll be 13 days away from the office.  Three of those days, I'll be without internet access.  Since I don't have a smart phone, and James' grandparents live in an area where I doubt 3G would work anyway, it's the way it is.

Goals/Tasks for the week include:
*Figuring out an easy way for Heidi to do the staff-side work of Shelflister.  The student part is easy, fortunately;
*Finishing up 1st half collection development;
*2 Academic Affairs luncheons--a fun one on Tuesday for the holidays and a less-fun one on Thursday as part of an e-books round table;
*reviewing more gift books for Hal.  I suspect we'll be creating a new dungeon backlog before it's over, though;
*and getting through the first half of the appraisal process with Kathy.

No comments:

Post a Comment